Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Book Signing at Explore! the Book Store 
On Saturday, Dec. 6,  I joined two other area authors, Sharon San Angelo, The Lightening Within, and Sherry Ebel, Cassie's Magic Door for a morning book signing event.  The owner, Anne Mancilla, opened the store (18 East Main Street/Clifton Springs, NY 14432) in the Fall at an old book store site.  See info on the book store at news.shelf-awareness.  We had a wonderful time and Anne discussed having the event again in the Spring.  I teased her that I would make her a flamingo costume and have her strut up and down Main Street luring customers to the book signing.  Her reaction wasn't positive, so no way is that going to happen!  Any takers?!?


My friend, Sherry, stopped in to visit.  She lives in Clifton Springs and had just come from the gym.  She teaches Art at Penn Yan Academy.  We had taught together at The Harley School.  She is zany and always cracks me up---I believe she is Bette Midler's twin. She went to Morocco on a yoga retreat---go warrior pose!--and rode a camel.  Kudos to the camel who had to deal with her antics.

No comments: