Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Seneca Falls Library 
Children's Book Fest
On Saturday, May 9th, I gave a presentation to
the children that earned M.I.R.A awards ( nominated by
their schools in Seneca Falls area as most improved reader).
The mayor of Seneca Falls, Diana Smith, passed out the 
awards. I shared the process of creating my picture books
and showed examples of my illustrations. After the award 
ceremony, I engaged the kids in flamingo crafts.
  
Every student who earned awards received a copy of my 
book, Marco Flamingo, and a copy of Marley and Me 
(the theme of this years festival). There were other events 
as well.  Jill Fogel engaged the kids in musical fun, there 
was a book basket drawing (look at these magnificent 
baskets below), and donated books were available for 
10 cents!

Thank you, Jackie Grey (director), for inviting me.    
I was very impressed with the programs and events 
hosted by this library---very creative and dedicated staff.


































Gretchen Koch, board member of the library, assisting with the book sale.

No comments: