Wednesday, October 8, 2008








Kick Off Party for Marco Flamingo



Marco made his debut on September 28th at The Children's Garden of Farmington, NY.  Thank you Kathleen Seabolt for hosting this event.  Balloons, streamers, flowers, kid's activities, live music and a buffet of Spanish foods--and many pink treats--made a festive celebration.  My family and friends helped set up and my illustrator critique group FLiES--for little eyes--helped in the activity room.  I created some fun activities related to the book, flamingos and PINK!  The kids loved rescuing flamingos from the ice block, pink shaving cream play, pink play dough, and making flamingo stick puppets.  The event included a book signing and readings (I read the English edition and my friend, Maria Boyle read the Spanish.  The kids loved the translation of "Wow!" The book can be ordered at raventreepress.com.  Also at major book chains, indies and on-line.


No comments: